About 88Nine Amplifier
The eight month program kicked off in March 2021 and will conclude in November. Primary components include:
- National mentorship from Justin Vernon, Butch Vig and Marcella Araica
- Monthly curriculum developed around skills needed for long-term music industry success, complete with master classes hosted by national or local experts
- The Mary Louise Mussoline Artist Fund, a $10,000 grant to be used in consultation with 88Nine Amplifier to further their careers
- Ami Bedi, LPC, NCC, of Akhilanda Consulting, will work with artists to understand how their unique abilities and blind spots impact the way they navigate their careers in a complex culture, as well as help build a literacy around mental health and wellbeing
- Development of strategies to help prepare artists for the increasing career demands with guidance and insight from E. Keller Fitzsimmons, a Milwaukee-based technology entrepreneur and author
The final component of the program will help build artists’ networks to set them up for success long-term.
88Nine Amplifier is generously supported by the Heil Family Foundation, Lynde B. Uihlein, Sarah & Steve Zimmerman and Radio Milwaukee members. In-kind support provided by Bentoff Communications and Keller Fitzsimmons.
About Mary Louise Mussoline Artist Fund
The Mary Louise Mussoline Artist Fund honors Radio Milwaukee’s late executive director, Mary Louise Mussoline. Under her direction Radio Milwaukee became a cultural force, supporting organizations and people who are improving Milwaukee, and providing opportunities for musicians to be heard. 88Nine Amplifier is a program that keeps her work and legacy alive, through music and community building.
About 88Nine Radio Milwaukee
88Nine Radio Milwaukee (WYMS-FM 88.9) has been a positive force for Milwaukee on air, online and in the community since its 2007 launch. Through its creative programming and content, non-commercial Radio Milwaukee utilizes a multimedia platform for creating a better, more inclusive and engaged community. The station broadcasts and streams a unique blend of musical styles, including at least one song by a Milwaukee artist each hour, and short Community Stories that foster engagement and positive change. The award-winning station receives the great majority of its financial support from its 6,000 contributing members, more than 200 underwriters and 25 foundations. The station runs a separate 24/7 all-Milwaukee music HD2 broadcast channel and web stream available on HD2 radios and at 414Music.fm online. Learn more about 88Nine and stream the station at http://www.RadioMilwaukee.org or via the 88Nine mobile app.